2012年5月16日 星期三

Copied From Our Daily Bread 2012-05-16 Courageous




Copied From Our Daily Bread   
2012-05-16  Courageous
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn


2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
 
2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
 
2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
 
2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
 
2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
 
2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
 
2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
 
2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
 
2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
 
2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
 
2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

When Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed. —Galatians
 2 : 11

Bible in a Year :  Job  8 - 10

Is it possible that technological advances in communication have left us unable to confront people properly?

After all, employers can now send layoff notices via e-mail.

And people can criticize others on Facebook and Twitter instead of talking face to face.

Perhaps it might be better to put all that aside and emulate how Paul communicated with Peter when they had a disagreement.

Paul had to confront Peter for compromising grace (Gal. 2:11-16). Peter had been fellowshiping with Gentiles, but when the Judaizers arrived (who believed that sinners are saved through Jesus plus keeping the law of Moses),

 Peter separated himself from the Gentiles. 

He ostracized them while professing to be one with them.
Seeing this hypocrisy, Paul, in love and with passion, confronted Peter face to face for cowering to a legalistic system that was powerless to change lives.

He vigorously reminded Peter that grace leads to freedom from sin’s slavery and to obedience to God.
Having courageous conversations with fellow Christians can be difficult, but they will promote purity and unity.

We can carry out our responsibility to one another to speak the truth in love ( Ephesians  4:15 )

4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: speaking...: or, being sincere

 by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Lord, give us courage to confront
Believers who have strayed;
 
And then with gentleness restore
By coming to their aid. —Sper

A well-chosen word can speak volumes.

沒有留言:

張貼留言