2012年5月12日 星期六

Copy From Our Daily Bread 2012-05-11 A Sense Of Concern





Copy From Our Daily Bread  2012-05-11 A Sense Of Concern
by BillCrowder
Our Daily BreadRadio is hosted by LesLamborn

Read :  Galatians  2 : 1 - 10

2:1 Then fourteen years after Iwent up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.



2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated untothem that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them whichwere of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.privately: or, severally


2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek,was compelled to be circumcised:


2:4 And that because of false brethren unawaresbrought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in ChristJesus, that they might bring us into bondage:


2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not foran hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.



2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man'sperson:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel ofthe uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision wasunto Peter;


2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to theapostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward theGentiles:)


2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to bepillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me andBarnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, andthey unto the circumcision.


2:10 Only they would that we should remember thepoor; the same which I also was forward to do.


He who oppressesthe poor reproaches his Maker, but he who honors Him has mercy on the needy. —Proverbs 14 : 31

Bible in a Year :  Esther 1-3



Statistics are tricky. While numbers give us information, sometimes theycan also desensitize us to the people those numbers represent.


This hit me recently as I read a statistic: Every year 15 million peopledie from hunger. 


That’s chilling, and for those of us who live in cultures ofplenty, it’s hard to fathom. 


In 2008, nearly 9 million children died beforetheir fifth birthday, with a third of those deaths related to hunger.
These are staggering numbers, but they are much more than numbers. 


 Theyare individuals loved by God.
We can show the Father’s heart of love by responding to people’s physicalneeds. Solomon



wrote, “He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, but hewho honors Him has mercy on the needy” (Prov. 14:31).


We can show mercy to the needy byvolunteering at a soup kitchen, assisting in a job search, financiallysupporting the drilling of wells in places in need of fresh water, distributingfood in poverty-stricken regions, teaching a trade, or providing lunches forschool children.
Accepting this responsibility honors the Father and His concern for all.





And those who are starving might be better able to hear the message of thecross if their stomachs aren’t growling.




If God ordainedto give
One gift for all my days,
I’d want the way He loves
To permeate my ways. —Verway


The more weunderstand God’s love for us the more love we’ll show to others.



沒有留言:

張貼留言