2012年5月24日 星期四

Copied From Our Daily Bread 2012-05-24 Coverups Stink




Copied  From  Our Daily Bread   
2012-05-24   Coverups Stink

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn


32:1 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. A Psalm...: or, A Psalm of David giving instruction
 
32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
 
32:3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
 
32:4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
 
32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. —Psalm 32:1

Bible in a Year :  Job  35 - 37

The smell at an overflowing garbage landfill site became a growing public concern.

So workers installed high-pressured deodorant guns to counteract the smell.

The cannons could spray several gallons of fragrance a minute over a distance of up to 50 yards across the mounds of putrefying garbage. 

However, no matter how many gallons of deodorant are sprayed to mask the odorous rubbish, the fragrance will serve only as a coverup until the source of the stench is removed.

King David tried a coverup as well.

After his adultery with Bathsheba, he attempted to use silence, deceit, and piety to mask his moral failures  ( 2  Samuel  11–12 )

In Psalm 32 he talks about experiencing the intense convicting hand of God when he remained silent  ( 
Psalm 32 : 3 – 4 )

32:3   When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
32:4   For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

. Unable to withstand the conviction any longer, David uncovered his sin by acknowledging, confessing, and repenting of it 
( Psalm 32 : 5 )

32:5   I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
He no longer needed to cover it because God forgave him.
It’s futile to try to hide our sin.

The stench of our disobedience will seep through whatever we use to try to cover it.

Let’s acknowledge to God the rubbish in our hearts and experience the fresh cleansing of His grace and forgiveness.

Father, I know that I cannot hide my sins from You
for You know what’s in my heart.

I confess them now to You.

Cleanse me, forgive me, and help
me to make a brand-new start. Amen.

Own up to your sin and experience the joy of confession.

沒有留言:

張貼留言